If you’re interested in joining a team of experienced and highly-regarded legal practitioners, your journey starts here.
Mamo TCV offers an opportunity to work in a law firm that will continuously challenge and train its lawyers, with a view to enabling them to develop into professionals of the highest calibre.
Our heritage and reputation have helped us to attract some of the best legal minds in Malta and it is our aim to continue to do so.
Closing Date: 14th June , 2019
An opportunity has arisen for interested candidates to join the Firm as Accounts Officer within the Finance Department. In this role, the Accounts Officer will be responsible for ensuring that customers pay on time, collecting payments according to the agreed terms, following up with debtors, maintaining records for overdue debts, and co-ordinating as well as updating the senior management team. This role also requires performing any other duties required in the Finance department such as postings and processing of credit notes.
- Monitoring of bank accounts & updating of collection reports
- Perform bank reconciliations
- Issue periodic financial reports in collaboration with the Finance department team
- Manage client trust account activity
- Work with the Financial Controller to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit
- Dealing with internal queries about payments
- Communicating with clients about billing queries and collections and ensuring all relevant debts by customers are managed as necessary
- Identify changes in payment patterns and propose action to avert indebtedness
- Handle disputed or part-paid invoices and negotiate to bring payment within the agreed terms
- Develop the credit management capability within the company
- Review the company's debt recovery procedures
- Provide prompt and accurate responses to enquires from Senior Management
- Chase overdue invoices by phone, e-mail or other means deemed appropriate
- Maintain a database of clients and suppliers
- Assist the finance department according to exigencies.
Skills & Personal Characteristics
- An Advanced level of Accounts
- Previous experience within credit control.
- Provide excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to work unsupervised as well as part of Mamo TCV team
- Excellent time management and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both Maltese and English.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- A desire to succeed within a supportive team environment
- Be organised, meticulous and have good analytical skills
- Proficiency in English is a prerequisite; knowledge of Maltese is desirable
- Proficient in Sage accounting Software and MS Office Products.